„Faculty of Political Science and Journalism AMU is a place where everyone can develop their skills. From working in one of the many student media facilities, through to the organisation of various events, to film and television production. ”
Weronika Dopierała, student of Journalism and Social Communication
Duration: 6 semesters (full-time and part-time).
Studies in Polish.
Tuition fee: 1,900 PLN per semester (part-time) – see Tuition fees schedule.
Contact: Krystyna Tyczewska, tel. 61 829 6517,
adres e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you dream of being a career journalist, media expert, a specialist in online marketing, advertising or public relations, this is the perfect place for you! We offer you studies, during which, several classes will take place in the TV and radio studios. We prepare you to be able to create your own film and sound materials. The study period will be a great opportunity to get engaged in the activities of one of the 6 students media.
During the course, you will learn the functioning of modern media and understand the rules of journalistic editorials, learn about journalism ethics and what dangers are awaiting the “fourth authority” people, get to know the secrets of interpersonal communication and learn how to efficiently prepare advertising and promotional campaigns.
Dominika Narożna, Faculty of Political Science and Journalism, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
„Do you enjoy a life full of challenges, passion and adrenaline? Do you want to have an interesting job that will allow you to know and understand more than others? All this can give you a course in Journalism and Social Communication at the Faculty of Political Science and Journalism AMU. Thanks to which, I am a journalist, producer and lecturer. I also have experience as a spokesperson. These studies will let you fulfil your dreams too, wherever you will be… Let’s meet at AMU!”
Completion of this course will open up many employment opportunities for you such as radio and television journalism, public relations, promotion and advertising departments and spokesperson. Practical knowledge will allow you in the future to open your own business in media or promotion and advertising services. Many of our graduates find work in local and national magazines and newspapers. The new specialisations’ classes will broaden your competencies which will certainly be appreciated by your future employer. Classes in computer graphics and typesetting are just a few of the many subjects that will allow you to successfully find a job in any field.
By choosing this specialisation, you will get to know the ins and outs of journalism. You will stand in front of the camera or hold it in your hand, make journalistic material and conduct interviews. You will also have the opportunity to run your own radio programme. You will develop your writing skills and learn about the rules of modern journalism. Finally, you will learn how the NEWS is made, and what work in editorial is like. This will allow you, after graduation, to enter the world of journalism with no hesitation.
The demand for Internet marketing specialists in Polish and international markets continues to grow. Along with major Internet companies, we co-create a specialisation which responds to contemporary challenges. During your studies, you will be prepared to create your own projects using social media, viral campaigns and search engine optimisation (SEO).
Advertising and Promotion
Effective advertising and promotion requires extensive knowledge and specialised skills. Choosing this course will let you gain both. You will learn the ins and outs of advertising in press, radio, television and online. You’ll also learn how to construct a promotional article and how to professionally prepare and conduct an advertising campaign. Thanks to classes in graphics and advertising photography, you will be able to prepare promotional and advertising materials. You will gain practical skills to build a brand of any given product.
- option available to candidates with Polish citizenship – standard recruitment procedure via Online Application System
- option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
Candidates eligible to apply under this procedure must submit recruitment documents as stipulated in the AMU Senate Resolution on the application procedure – first year full time and extra mural studies and register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji by the deadlines stipulated in the recruitment time table for a given academic year and also pay the admission fee. Results of final examinations taken and passed abroad and expressed in the grading scale used by the foreign educational institution are converted proportionally to the grading scale applied in Poland at the new final examination (matura) and in compliance with the admission criteria of a given faculty.
- Foreign candidates can apply to study any courses offered at bachelor and master degree programmes on condition that they have a command of Polish (the language of instruction). Candidates who do not have the command of Polish can enrol in a year-long intensive Polish language course (http://www.schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/go.php/en.html)
- Studies in English under the regime applicable to Polish citizens are possible on condition that the candidates register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji, where a selection can be made from a list of available options (https://kandydaci.amu.edu.pl/Site/UtworzKonto/Oczekiwanie)
- Studies in a foreign language
- Foreigners wishing to take up a different course in a foreign language must take the option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
- Full-time study is tuition free. If foreign students take part in other forms of study, which are not tuition free, e.g. extra-mural studies, post-diploma studies, courses taught in foreign languages, they pay fees in the same amount as those paid by citizens of the Republic of Poland
Holders of valid Polish Citizen Cards and citizens of member states of the EU, EFTA-EEC and Switzerland, who have decided to study in Poland, are free to choose the application procedure.
B. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens you can choose this option if you are:
- a holder of scholarships granted by Poland
Candidates for scholarships granted by Poland are nominated, as stipulated in international agreements, by Polish or foreign diplomatic missions or respective institutions in their countries responsible for international academic exchange. Candidates of Polish origin applying for scholarship granted by Poland report to a consular office in their place of residence.
- a holder of a scholarship granted by the sending party; tuition free studies
- not eligible for scholarship and want to pursue tuition free studies
Option available to foreigners of countries with which Poland signed inter-government agreements or aid programme agreements. Candidates apply through relevant institutions of their countries or Polish diplomatic or consular offices. Foreigners pay the tuition but receive no scholarship from the Polish government. They pay all the costs related to their study in Poland, which amount to more than 300 euro a month.
- if you want to pursue tuition paid studies
The admission decision is made by the end of July by the Deputy President for Student Affairs upon the examination of the submitted documents and when a recruitment fee of 50 euro has been paid by the candidate.
Tuition fees depend on the degree programme followed and range from 2500 to 4000 euro per year. Foreigners of Polish origin commencing studies taught in Polish are granted a 30% discount.
Students taking courses taught in English or other languages pay a fee.
Dział Nauczania UAM
ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1
Room 25, ground floor
Tel.+48 61 829 4366, +48 61 829 4375
Ms. Natalia Kondziela: email@example.com;