„Faculty of Political Science and Journalism AMU is a place where everyone can develop their skills. ”
Weronika Dopierała, student of Journalism and Social Communication
Duration: 4 semesters (full-time and part-time).
Studies in Polish and English.
Tution fee: 1,900 PLN per semester (part-time) – see Tuition fees schedule.
Contact: Krystyna Tyczewska, tel. 61 829 6517,
adres e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuation of Journalism and Social Communication studies is a great opportunity to deepen your knowledge and acquire new skills in journalism and a broader aspect of social communication. If you are a graduate of related courses, such as Social Communication or Political Science, studying this major will open new horizons for you.
Dominika Narożna, Faculty of Political Science and Journalism, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
„Do you enjoy a life full of challenges, passion and adrenaline? Do you want to have an interesting job that will allow you to know and understand more than others? All this can give you a course in Journalism and Social Communication at the Faculty of Political Science and Journalism AMU. Thanks to which, I am a journalist, producer and lecturer. I also have experience as a spokesperson. These studies will let you fulfil your dreams too, wherever you will be… Let’s meet at AMU!”
The new specialisations’ classes will broaden your competencies which will certainly be appreciated by your future employer. Classes in computer graphics and typesetting are just some of the many subjects that will allow you to successfully find a job in any field. Graduation from our studies will allow you to start a career as a journalist, TV and radio specialist, public relations, promotion and advertising departments and as a spokesperson. Practical knowledge will allow you to open your own business in media or promotion and advertising services. Many of our graduates find work in local and national media.
By choosing this specialisation, you will get to know the ins and outs of journalism. You will stand in front of the camera or hold it in your hand, make journalistic material and conduct interviews. You will also have the opportunity to run your own radio programme. You will develop your writing skills and learn about the rules of modern journalism. Finally, you will learn how the NEWS is made, and what work in editorial is like. This will allow you, after graduation, to enter the world of journalism with no hesitation.
Sports Journalism and Sports Management
Sports Journalism is not studying – it is a hobby in its purest form. During the two years of this course, you will meet with the most outstanding Polish sports journalists and deepen your knowledge of sport’s history. You will attend classes of well-known sports commentators and rapporteurs. Specialised classes in sports marketing, management, public relations will be conducted by managers working for the biggest Polish clubs. You will learn how to handle press conferences and sporting events and take part in professional workshops co-organised by Canal+.
New Media (tylko na studiach w trybie stacjonarnym)
Choosing the New Media specialisation will help you understand the specifications of modern technologies and you will learn to use them effectively in private and professional life. Classes in drawing, graphics, animation, sound, image, video, programming and editing will allow you to gain practical skills in a production environment. Throughout projects during this course, you will gain knowledge and skills that will enable you to find employment in media which integrate the Internet with press, television with radio, as well as in social media.
Advertising and Promotion
Effective advertising and promotion requires extensive knowledge and specialised skills. Choosing this course will let you gain both. You will learn the ins and outs of advertising in press, radio, television and online, as well as how to construct a promotional article and how to professionally prepare and conduct an advertising campaign. Thanks to classes of graphics and advertising photography, you will be able to prepare promotional and advertising materials and gain practical skills to build a brand of any given product.
Management and Communication in Business
Each year, the demand for specialists in the field of business communication is increasing. People who can effectively process information and take care of its appropriate flow are very sought after. Here, you can learn the mechanisms of communication management. The classes conducted by outstanding professionals will help you understand internal communication in the enterprise and information management in crisis situations. After graduating, the ability to use modern techniques and tools of communication will be your greatest asset worth mentioning during a job interview.
- option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
Application criteria – option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens– studies pursued in Polish (https://rejestracja.amu.edu.pl/Strona/Matrix/kandydaci/cudzoziemcy) you can choose this option if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- you are in possession of a valid Polish Citizen Card or
- you are a citizen of an EU member state, EFTA member state (party to the EEC Agreement or Swiss Confederation, i.e. Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland or Switzerland) or you are a family member of such citizen or
- you hold a valid permit to settle in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you have a valid refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or
- you are under temporary protection scheme in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you are a migrant employee and citizen of an EU member state, EFTA member state (party to the EEC Agreement or Swiss Confederation, i.e. Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland or Switzerland or you are a family member of such person on condition that such person lives in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you hold a long term resident permit of European Communities in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you hold a temporary residence permit issued in the territory of the Republic of Poland in connection with the circumstances stipulated in Article 53(1)(7, 13 and 14) of the Act on Foreigners of 13 June 2003 (Dz.U. <Journal of Laws> No 128, item 1175, as amended), or
- you have been granted subsidiary protection in the territory of the Republic of Poland
Candidates eligible to apply under this procedure must submit recruitment documents as stipulated in the AMU Senate Resolution on the application procedure – first year full time and extra mural studies and register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji by the deadlines stipulated in the recruitment time table for a given academic year and also pay the admission fee. Results of final examinations taken and passed abroad and expressed in the grading scale used by the foreign educational institution are converted proportionally to the grading scale applied in Poland at the new final examination (matura) and in compliance with the admission criteria of a given faculty.
- Foreign candidates can apply to study any courses offered at bachelor and master degree programmes on condition that they have a command of Polish (the language of instruction). Candidates who do not have the command of Polish can enrol in a year-long intensive Polish language course (http://www.schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/go.php/en.html)
- Studies in English under the regime applicable to Polish citizens are possible on condition that the candidates register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji, where a selection can be made from a list of available options (https://kandydaci.amu.edu.pl/Site/UtworzKonto/Oczekiwanie)
- Studies in a foreign language
- Foreigners wishing to take up a different course in a foreign language must take the option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
- Full-time study is tuition free. If foreign students take part in other forms of study, which are not tuition free, e.g. extra-mural studies, post-diploma studies, courses taught in foreign languages, they pay fees in the same amount as those paid by citizens of the Republic of Poland
Holders of valid Polish Citizen Cards and citizens of member states of the EU, EFTA-EEC and Switzerland, who have decided to study in Poland, are free to choose the application procedure.
B. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens you can choose this option if you are:
- a holder of scholarships granted by Poland
Candidates for scholarships granted by Poland are nominated, as stipulated in international agreements, by Polish or foreign diplomatic missions or respective institutions in their countries responsible for international academic exchange. Candidates of Polish origin applying for scholarship granted by Poland report to a consular office in their place of residence.
- a holder of a scholarship granted by the sending party; tuition free studies
- not eligible for scholarship and want to pursue tuition free studies
Option available to foreigners of countries with which Poland signed inter-government agreements or aid programme agreements. Candidates apply through relevant institutions of their countries or Polish diplomatic or consular offices. Foreigners pay the tuition but receive no scholarship from the Polish government. They pay all the costs related to their study in Poland, which amount to more than 300 euro a month.
- if you want to pursue tuition paid studies
The admission decision is made by the end of July by the Deputy President for Student Affairs upon the examination of the submitted documents and when a recruitment fee of 50 euro has been paid by the candidate.
Tuition fees depend on the degree programme followed and range from 2500 to 4000 euro per year. Foreigners of Polish origin commencing studies taught in Polish are granted a 30% discount.
Students taking courses taught in English or other languages pay a fee.
Dział Nauczania UAM
ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1
Room 25, ground floor
Tel.+48 61 829 4366, +48 61 829 4375
Ms. Natalia Kondziela: email@example.com;