We have the opportunity to go abroad to renowned universities, as well as learn foreign languages such as Chinese or Arabic.
Duration of study: 6 semesters (full-time and part-time).
Studies in Polish.
Tuition fee: 1,500 PLN per semester (part-time).
Contact: Greta Swałtek, 61 829 6511,
Are you interested in international politics or foreign culture? Or maybe you would like to learn foreign languages? If so, then this is the ideal course for you. Studying International Relations can teach you the mechanisms of the global economy, commercial law and business negotiations. It is an ideal course for anyone thinking about a career in diplomacy. Take care of your future and choose a course in International Relations!
Thanks to our studies, you will get to know the functioning of modern states and learn to analyse the political, economic and social issues in the international sphere. It will be a great opportunity to deepen your knowledge of different cultures and religions and practice the ins and outs of diplomacy and business negotiations. During the course, you create unique projects and take part in simulation games.
International Relations is not only a subject of science, but also a practical course that will allow you to find yourself in a difficult and rapidly changing labour market. The expertise, practical skills, exercises and internships you gain during lectures, and workshops will enable you to become mobile and competitive.
Completion of these studies will allow you to find employment in the diplomatic and consular institutions, agencies of international organisations, government and European institutions, foreign affairs departments, logistics companies and transnational corporations. These studies will prepare future graduates to obtain European funds, social organisations management and work in media.
Diplomacy and consular relations
Working in diplomacy is a dream for many people. By choosing this specialisation, you will find out how to develop relationships between people from different cultures and prepare diplomatic correspondence. You will learn the rules of diplomatic and consular law and get to know and practice the rules of diplomatic protocol, the rules of behaviour during official meetings, parties and informal business contacts. You will understand how to operate modern foreign affairs ministries and due to these practical skills, be able to prepare independently an official visit abroad, even in the farthest corners of the world.
The World Economy and International Business
In today’s globalised world, transnational corporations and “big business” play an increasingly important role. By choosing this specialisation, you will understand how to draw up business contracts bearing the required clauses and get to know the rules of international trade law and trade in services. You will learn how to negotiate a contract in international business, as well as gain practical skills which will enable you to effectively expand a product in the foreign market. Thanks to the practical classes, you will find out the functioning of international financial markets and you will create a strategy to enter the foreign market.
Poland’s presence in the structures of the European Union is a great opportunity to use its big potential, including funds which have been sensibly allocated. Take advantage of the opportunity and get the knowledge and skills that will enable you to find employment not only in Poland but also in the European market. During the course, you will learn how to raise funds from the European Union, as well as understand the structure and procedures of the EU. Knowledge of foreign languages combined with new social competences, will make you very attractive to a potential employer.
- option available to candidates with Polish citizenship – standard recruitment procedure via Online Application System
- option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
Candidates eligible to apply under this procedure must submit recruitment documents as stipulated in the AMU Senate Resolution on the application procedure – first year full time and extra mural studies and register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji by the deadlines stipulated in the recruitment time table for a given academic year and also pay the admission fee. Results of final examinations taken and passed abroad and expressed in the grading scale used by the foreign educational institution are converted proportionally to the grading scale applied in Poland at the new final examination (matura) and in compliance with the admission criteria of a given faculty.
- Foreign candidates can apply to study any courses offered at bachelor and master degree programmes on condition that they have a command of Polish (the language of instruction). Candidates who do not have the command of Polish can enrol in a year-long intensive Polish language course (http://www.schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/go.php/en.html)
- Studies in English under the regime applicable to Polish citizens are possible on condition that the candidates register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji, where a selection can be made from a list of available options (https://kandydaci.amu.edu.pl/Site/UtworzKonto/Oczekiwanie)
- Studies in a foreign language
- Foreigners wishing to take up a different course in a foreign language must take the option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
- Full-time study is tuition free. If foreign students take part in other forms of study, which are not tuition free, e.g. extra-mural studies, post-diploma studies, courses taught in foreign languages, they pay fees in the same amount as those paid by citizens of the Republic of Poland
Holders of valid Polish Citizen Cards and citizens of member states of the EU, EFTA-EEC and Switzerland, who have decided to study in Poland, are free to choose the application procedure.
B. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens you can choose this option if you are:
- a holder of scholarships granted by Poland
Candidates for scholarships granted by Poland are nominated, as stipulated in international agreements, by Polish or foreign diplomatic missions or respective institutions in their countries responsible for international academic exchange. Candidates of Polish origin applying for scholarship granted by Poland report to a consular office in their place of residence.
- a holder of a scholarship granted by the sending party; tuition free studies
- not eligible for scholarship and want to pursue tuition free studies
Option available to foreigners of countries with which Poland signed inter-government agreements or aid programme agreements. Candidates apply through relevant institutions of their countries or Polish diplomatic or consular offices. Foreigners pay the tuition but receive no scholarship from the Polish government. They pay all the costs related to their study in Poland, which amount to more than 300 euro a month.
- if you want to pursue tuition paid studies
The admission decision is made by the end of July by the Deputy President for Student Affairs upon the examination of the submitted documents and when a recruitment fee of 50 euro has been paid by the candidate.
Tuition fees depend on the degree programme followed and range from 2500 to 4000 euro per year. Foreigners of Polish origin commencing studies taught in Polish are granted a 30% discount.
Students taking courses taught in English or other languages pay a fee.
Dział Nauczania UAM
ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1
Room 25, ground floor
Tel.+48 61 829 4366, +48 61 829 4375
Ms. Natalia Kondziela: email@example.com;