The faculty gives us a great deal of knowledge through which we become qualified employees. Everyone will find something for themselves!
Duration: 6 semesters (full-time and part-time).Studies in Polish.
Tuition fee: 1,800 zł PLN per semester (part-time) – see
Contact: Małgorzata Piszczelak-Napierkowska, 61 829 6625,
If security issues are your passion, then you’ve found the perfect course! National Security studies will prepare you for work in special services, inspections or guards. With us, you will expand your knowledge of the military and non-military threats in the modern world. Choose a National Security at our Faculty to fulfil your dreams!
You will become a specialist in crisis management, public or international security. You will also learn how to analyse and anticipate local, national and international threats. You will be able to organise emergency plan in the event of a threat to people’s health and lives. Acquiring this knowledge and practical skills will help you to find employment in public administration, services, inspections, security offices, as well as in private firms. During the studies, you will have the opportunity to participate in course to receive qualifications as a Rescuer.
Nowadays, every professional activity requires specialists in the field of security, therefore, as a graduate of this major, you will find employment in local and governmental institutions, crisis response teams (Polish Armed Forces, Police, National Fire Brigades, Road Transport Inspections, Internal Security Agency, Central Anticorruption Office, Intelligence Service, Military Counterintelligence Service, Military Intelligence Service, Government Protection Bureau, Border Services, Customs Service, Prison Service) and personal and property protection agencies. Thanks to an expanded range of specialisations and new subjects, these studies will make you an expert in many of today’s security issues.
Public Security Administration
Knowledge of the functioning of government and self-government administration will become your greatest asset in the search for future work. You will have practical skills in counteracting and preventing risks in public. You will also be professionally prepared for solving problems of state and local security, which will allow you to find employment in municipal, district, provincial and many other public administration agencies.
If you are interested in security issues in international relations and military and non-military threats of the modern world, then you should choose this specialisation. Contemporary terrorist or economic threats on the international scene are causing an increased demand for professionals in this field. By studying this specialisation, you will gain practical skills to analyse and predict international threats in the military, economic, environmental, energy, information and social dimensions.
Many contemporary employers in the Polish and foreign markets appreciate experts in crisis management. By the end of this course, you will be able to successfully apply for a job in public administration and state service. You will gain practical skills in properly diagnosing and evaluating existing threats and you will be able to take quick and decisive action in emergency or crisis situations. We will prepare you to make rational decisions based on the means and procedures of dealing with emergencies and communication skills. You will also learn how to anticipate potential threats and use the latest software in this area.
- option available to candidates with Polish citizenship – standard recruitment procedure via Online Application System
- option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
Candidates eligible to apply under this procedure must submit recruitment documents as stipulated in the AMU Senate Resolution on the application procedure – first year full time and extra mural studies and register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji by the deadlines stipulated in the recruitment time table for a given academic year and also pay the admission fee. Results of final examinations taken and passed abroad and expressed in the grading scale used by the foreign educational institution are converted proportionally to the grading scale applied in Poland at the new final examination (matura) and in compliance with the admission criteria of a given faculty.
- Foreign candidates can apply to study any courses offered at bachelor and master degree programmes on condition that they have a command of Polish (the language of instruction). Candidates who do not have the command of Polish can enrol in a year-long intensive Polish language course (http://www.schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/go.php/en.html)
- Studies in English under the regime applicable to Polish citizens are possible on condition that the candidates register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji, where a selection can be made from a list of available options (https://kandydaci.amu.edu.pl/Site/UtworzKonto/Oczekiwanie)
- Studies in a foreign language
- Foreigners wishing to take up a different course in a foreign language must take the option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
- Full-time study is tuition free. If foreign students take part in other forms of study, which are not tuition free, e.g. extra-mural studies, post-diploma studies, courses taught in foreign languages, they pay fees in the same amount as those paid by citizens of the Republic of Poland
Holders of valid Polish Citizen Cards and citizens of member states of the EU, EFTA-EEC and Switzerland, who have decided to study in Poland, are free to choose the application procedure.
B. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens you can choose this option if you are:
- a holder of scholarships granted by Poland
Candidates for scholarships granted by Poland are nominated, as stipulated in international agreements, by Polish or foreign diplomatic missions or respective institutions in their countries responsible for international academic exchange. Candidates of Polish origin applying for scholarship granted by Poland report to a consular office in their place of residence.
- a holder of a scholarship granted by the sending party; tuition free studies
- not eligible for scholarship and want to pursue tuition free studies
Option available to foreigners of countries with which Poland signed inter-government agreements or aid programme agreements. Candidates apply through relevant institutions of their countries or Polish diplomatic or consular offices. Foreigners pay the tuition but receive no scholarship from the Polish government. They pay all the costs related to their study in Poland, which amount to more than 300 euro a month.
- if you want to pursue tuition paid studies
The admission decision is made by the end of July by the Deputy President for Student Affairs upon the examination of the submitted documents and when a recruitment fee of 50 euro has been paid by the candidate.
Tuition fees depend on the degree programme followed and range from 2500 to 4000 euro per year. Foreigners of Polish origin commencing studies taught in Polish are granted a 30% discount.
Students taking courses taught in English or other languages pay a fee.
Dział Nauczania UAM
ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1
Room 25, ground floor
Tel.+48 61 829 4366, +48 61 829 4375
Ms. Natalia Kondziela: email@example.com;